Murphy and Kilpatrick, P.A. represents clients in a wide array of both commercial and residential real estate transactions. We represent buyers, sellers, developers, investors, lenders, landlords and tenants and have in-depth knowledge of the following matters:
- Real estate acquisitions and sales
- Home equity lines of credit
- Commercial and residential development
- Preparation of covenants and restrictions
- Lease preparation and negotiation
- Like-kind exchanges
- Real property taxation issues
- Quiet title actions
We are all well versed and routinely engage in tax-deferred exchanges of real estate pursuant to Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code.
We typically assist clients with planning to maximize capital gains versus ordinary income upon the sale of real property and conservation easements.
Our attorneys are skilled in addressing real estate matters throughout South Carolina.